1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
It's easy to participate! Just stop in the library and pick up a booklet to track your reading. Check out one of the 100 bags, each including 10 books. Together, read the books inside and complete a fun activity. Repeat until you've read 1,000 books!
There are lots of reasons why reading 1,000 books before Kindergarten is important:
- Reading and providing a text-rich environment at home before entering school increases reading readiness.
- Vocabulary can be developed by sharing books.
- Building vocabulary and adding to a word bank is of the utmost importance for being ready to read.
- Making sure early reading experiences and activities are fun will contribute to the prevention of reading difficulties in school.
- Positive home and library experiences with reading and reading activities ensure positive attitudes for reading once a child is in school.
Now, you can earn a voucher for the Life and Family Services B.A.B.E. Store for every 100 books you read!